Burning Bridget Cleary - Band Bio
“One of the most exciting bands I’ve seen in the last couple of years!”
-Jack Baker, The Irish American News
“ . . . Burning Bridget Cleary is on fire with their fourth album, “Pressed for Time”
-Stephen McSweeney, Celtic Music Magazine
“ . . . a rockin’ Celtic sound!” -irishphiladelphia.org
“. . . a highlight of this summer’s Philadelphia Folk Festival”
-Michael Kornfeld, acousticmusicscene.com
In December 2013, Burning Bridget Cleary was nominated “Top Traditional Group in a Pub, Festival, or Concert” in the Irish Music Awards sponsored by the Irish Music Association.
Burning Bridget Cleary has been performing and recording their distinctive style of Celtic traditional music since 2006.
Band-leader Rose Baldino drives this band, delivering a dynamic blend of charisma, crackerjack fiddle work, and tightly woven harmonies. The front of the band is shared with some of the best fiddle talent on the East Coast. Currently featured is Amy Beshara, a multi-talented musician, well respected in the Scottish fiddle circles of New York City. The driving rhythm and bass end is supplied by Lou Baldino on guitar and Peter Trezzi on percussion.
Burning Bridget Cleary has earned a reputation for presenting high-spirited Celtic music at festivals, concerts, and music series all over the eastern half of the U.S., including a 2011 tour to Ireland. While in Ireland, the band had a unique opportunity to visit the rural County Tipperary cottage of their namesake, Bridget Cleary, who is remembered as "the last witch burned in Ireland". Another tour, this time to Northern Ireland, is in the works for July 2015.
BBC's second release, “Everything is Alright”, was awarded “2009 Album of the Year” by CelticRadio.net in Boston. The band broke new ground in 2013 when their fourth CD, “Pressed for Time,” hit #1 on the Roots Music Folk and Roots Charts, and finished the year as one of the Folk DJ’s most played albums. Their music is featured on hundreds of radio programs worldwide, including syndicated programs, Thistle and Shamrock, FolkScene, SingOut Radio, and The Midnight Special.
A debut music video with single release, "Stor Mo Chroi: Darling of My Heart", was published in May, 2012 on YouTube and all the major music download sites.
Known for their captivating sound and engaging stage presence, Burning Bridget Cleary is currently one of the hottest young acts on the Celtic and folk music circuits.
Recent /Upcoming Venues:
- Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks Summer Concert Series, Bethlehem, PA (2014)
- The Philadelphia Folk Festival (2009, 2011, 2013)
- 2014 Folk Alliance International Conference, Formal Showcase, Kansas City, MO (2014)
- The Sellersville Theater, Sellersville, PA (2012)
- NBC Philadelphia, “The Ten Show” (March, 2012)
- The Celtic Classic, Bethlehem, PA (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Bethlehem Musikfest , Bethlehem, PA(2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Northeast Regional Folk Alliance Formal Showcase (2014)
- The Celtic Fling, Manheim, PA (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Concerts at the Crossing, Titusville, NJ (2012)
- Shawnee Mountain Celtic Festival, E. Stroudsburg, PA (2012, 2010, 2008, 2013, 2014)
- The Green Lane Scottish-Irish Fest (2006, 2007, 2010)
- The Philadelphia Folksong Society “Influences” Workshop Series (2010)
- Godfrey Daniels Folk Listening Room, Bethlehem, PA (2006, 2008, 2011, 2013)
- The Tin Angel, Philadelphia ( 2009)
- WXPN Live Interview/performances on Gene Shay’s Folk Show (6 appearances)
- Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, Bristol, TN (2013)
- Kansas City Irish Festival (2013)
- The WNC Highlands Celtic Festival, Asheville, NC (2010, 2014)
- The International Celtic Festival, Hunter Mountain, NY (2011)
- The Great American Irish Festival, NY (2011)
- Spring Gulch Folk Festival, Lancaster, PA (2008, 2013)
- Hurdy Gurdy Folk Music Club, Fair Lawn, NJ (2013, 2015)
- NERFA Tri-centric Showcase Artists (2010)
- The Buffalo Irish Festival, Buffalo, NY (2011, 2012, 2013)
- World Café Live in Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
- Ireland Musical Tour (2011)
- Michigan Irish Festival (2013)
- The Philly Fleadh, Philadelphia, PA (2014)
- Mountain Folk Music Series, Tunbridge, VT (2014)
- CT Folk Society Acoustic Fridays, New Haven, CT (2014)
- Sounding Board Coffee House, West Hartford, CT (2015)
- Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 3, New York, NY (2014)
- Blackstone River Theater Summer Solstice Festival, Cumberland, RI (2011, 2014)
- Carrboro Arts Center, Carrboro, NC (2014)
- Celtic Festival and Highland Games of the Quad Cities, Davenport, IA (2014)
- Folkstage, WFMT, Chicago, IL (2014)
- The Indy Irish Fest, Indianapolis, IN (2014)
- The WNC Highlands Celtic Festival, Asheville, NC (2011, 2014, 2015)
- The Savannah Irish Fest, Savannah, GA (2015)