Burning Bridget Cleary - Band Bio
“One of the most exciting bands I’ve seen in the last couple of years!” –Jack Baker, The Irish AmericanNews
“ . . . a rockin’ Celtic sound!” -irishphiladelphia.org
“. . . a highlight of this summer’s Philadelphia Folk Festival” - Michael Kornfeld,acousticmusicscene.com
In December 2012, Burning Bridget Cleary was nominated as "Best New Irish Artist" in the Irish Music Awards sponsored by the Irish Music Association.
Once called “the Allman Brothers of Celtic fiddle bands, only prettier”, Burning Bridget Cleary features the remarkable musical talents of Rose Baldino and Deirdre Lockman, who lead the band with high-energy and tightly woven harmonies in both fiddle and vocals. The driving rhythm and bass end is supplied by Philadelphia native, Lou Baldino on guitar, and percussionist, Peter Trezzi, on djembe drum.
BBC has played hundreds of performances along the East Coast, and produced four CDs. Their second production, Everything is Alright, was named “2009 Album of the Year” by Boston-based CelticRadio.net. Their newest CD, Pressed for Time (June 2013), is receiving strong radio attention and praise; it hit #1 on the 8-30-13 Roots Music Folk and Roots Country Charts and spent the entire summer in the top ten of the June Folk DJ Charts.
A debut music video with single release, "Stor Mo Chroi: Darling of My Heart", was published in May, 2012 on YouTube and all the major music download sites.
In the spring of 2011, Burning Bridget Cleary completed a weeklong tour of Ireland where they performed at seven different venues from Dublin to Galway. While there, the band had a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to visit the rural Tipperary cottage of their namesake, Bridget Cleary, who is remembered as "the last witch burned in Ireland".
Known for their captivating sound and engaging stage presence, Burning Bridget Cleary is currently one of the hottest young acts on the Celtic and folk music circuits.
Recent /Upcoming Venues:
- The Philadelphia Folk Festival (2009, 2011, 2013)The Sellersville Theater, Sellersville, PA (2012)
- NBC Philadelphia, “The Ten Show” (March, 2012)
- The Celtic Classic (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Bethlehem Musikfest (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- The Celtic Fling, Manheim, PA (2012, 2013)
- Falcon Ridge Folk Fest Emerging Artist Showcase (2012)
- The Fair Hill Scottish Games, Fair Hill, MD (2012)
- Shawnee Mountain Celtic Festival (2012, 2010, 2008, 2013)
- World Café Live in Philadelphia (2010, 2011, 2013)
- The Green Lane Scottish-Irish Fest (2006, 2007, 2010)
- Horses Sing None of It Syndicated Folk Music TV 30 minute feature (March, 2011)
- The Colonial Theater (with Tempest, Enter the Haggis)
- The Philadelphia Folksong Society “Influences” Workshop Series (2010)
- Godfrey Daniels Folk Listening Room, Bethlehem, PA (2006, 2008, 2011, 2013)
- The Tin Angel (March & October, 2009)
- WXPN Live Interview/performances on Gene Shay’s Folk Show (6 appearances)
- The Virginia Highlands Music Festival, Abingdon, VA (2009)
- Mayfair Festival of the Arts, Allentown, PA (2008, 2009, 2010)
- The WNC Highlands Celtic Festival, Black Mountain, NC (2010)
- The International Celtic Festival, Hunter Mountain, NY (2011)
- The Great American Irish Festival (2011)
- The Blackstone River Theater Summer Solstice Festival (2011)
- Spring Gulch Folk Festival (2008, 2013)
- NERFA Tri-centric Showcase Artists (2010)
- The Buffalo Irish Festival, Buffalo, NY (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Ireland Musical Tour (2011)
- Michigan Irish Festival (2013)